All HI-USA hostels exceed IYHF international quality standards that assure a consistent level of services and facilities wherever you stay.
- Welcome – hostels are open to all. Many hostels are open all day.
- Comfort – a good night’s sleep and sufficient washing/shower facilities. Self-service kitchens are always available.
- Cleanliness – the highest standards of hygiene.
- Security – for you and your possessions.
- Privacy – in showers, washing areas and bathroom facilities. Most hostels provide single sex dormitories, although if requested a mixed gender dormitory may be offered to people traveling together.
Standards are monitored by IYHF and HI-USA through comment cards completed by guests after their hostel stay and by annual on-site inspections performed by HI-USA’s full time hostel evaluators.